Friday, April 11, 2008

Shocking, Devastating Elimination

I am outraged! Why, America, why?

As seen on my rankings at the beginning of this blog, I put Michael as having the third best chances of winning American Idol. Boy, was I wrong on that. Not only that, but Michael was my second favorite of the whole competition, so I'm down to only one true favorite- David Cook. So, looking on the bright side, I guess I can be happy that most of Michael's votes will now go to David Cook and may give him a better shot.

Michael was a promising contestant right from his initial audition. He proved himself as a star during his Hollywood week performance of "Bohemian Rhapsody". Unfortunately he did not match the elevated expectations in the weeks to come and went through a string of average performances. But, Michael made a statement when he went back to his Queen roots and sang, "We Will Rock You/We Are The Champions". Michael was showing the world that he was in the competition to win it. Then, he gave his best and most soulful performance during country week with "It's All Wrong, But It's Alright". This week, "Dream On" was not his best performance, I'll agree, but it was by no means the worst and still showed that he could rock. I think he was robbed. Re-count anyone?

But, alas, I must move on as I have on sad days on past American Idol shows. Michael will be missed and should have lasted at least a couple more weeks. But, I'm sure he'll have a fulfilling career anyways, and I look forward to seeing what kind of album he comes out with. All I have to say is, "It's All Wrong, But Its NOT Alright". He will continue to rock the world and show that he is a true champion.

No comments: